The Environment Court will be holding a hearing into the provisions of Plan Change 8 and matters raised in submissions and further submissions. Further information about the court's practice and procedures can be found on the General Information page.
On this page you can find:
- Hearing Schedule - a timetable giving the date, time and location parties and their witnesses are to attend at a hearing;
- Getting to the Hearing - information about how to get to the hearing venue;
- Event Notices - general notices for all court events including mediation, expert conferencing and hearings;
- Joint Witness Statements;
- Legal Submissions / Records of Amendments Sought;
- Common Bundle;
- Exhibits - materials produced during hearings;
- Hearing Transcripts - typed transcript of the hearing; and
- Audio Recordings of Hearings.
File name format: [Date of Schedule] - [Name of Timetable]
The draft hearing schedule is below. Please note this is subject to change.
If you have questions or queries about the hearing schedule, please contact Glen Cooper or Rebecca Jackson on:
- PlanChange@orc.govt.nz; or
- 027 213 1652.
The Hearing for PC8 will be held in the Hutton Theatre of the Otago Museum. Information about finding the Hutton Theatre is provided below:
Notices for all court events including mediation, expert conferencing and hearings can be found on the Notice of Court Events page.
File name format: [Date Filed] - [Party Name] - Evidence - [Evidence Type] - [Witness Name] - [Discipline] - [Date of Evidence]
Until evidence is produced in court by witness, the statement is not regarded as ‘evidence’. Note: There may also be minor changes (e.g. grammar) between the time of uploading onto the court’s website and the witness being sworn in (or affirmed) at the hearing.
Primary Sector Provisions (Rural)
Planning & Regulatory Evidence
- Houlbrooke (2011) Categorising the environmental risk from land application of liquid wastes based on soil properties [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- Houlbrooke (2010) Matching farm dairy effluent storage requirements and management practices to soil and landscape features [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Houlbrooke (2009) The influence of soil drainage characteristics on contaminant leakage risk associated with the land application of farm dairy effluent [PDF, 1022 KB]
File name format: [Date Filed] - JWS - [Expert Type] - [Topic] - [Date of JWS]
- 1.1 Appendix A to JWS 1 - Draft Definition Amendments [PDF, 135 KB]
- 1.2 Appendix B to JWS 1 - Schedule 18 new and amended definitions [PDF, 120 KB]
- 1.3 Appendix C to JWS 1 - Draft Policy Amendments [PDF, 981 KB]
File name format: [Date] - [Party Name] - [Topic] - [Opening / Closing / Further]
File name format: [Date] - [Exhibit No] - [Produced by] - [description]
No exhibits have been produced yet.
File name format: [Date of Transcript] - Transcript - Hearing - [Topic] - [Date of Hearing]
Please note: To provide the transcript as fast as we can, it has not been extensively checked and may contain errors and omissions. If you notice a significant error or omission please advise us via ORC@justice.govt.nz, noting the date and time the error or omission occured, as soon as possible.
The transcript will be updated with each day's proceedings as they become available.
File name format: Audio - Hearing - [Topic] - [Date of Hearing]
Audio recordings will not be available for the PC8 hearing.
This page was last updated: